How Can You Help
How Can You Help Adoption / Fostering
Adopting a dog is one of the kindest things any human can do. The pounds and rescues are full of beautiful, healthy dogs and many dogs are put down after five days if they are not reclaimed by their owner or taken by a rescue.
The rescues have to rely on private donations and most get no Government funding.
The process is extremely simple –
1. Visit the Rescue Shelter
2. Talk to an adoption consultant
3. Fill in your Application Form
4. Arrange a dog meet
5. Home check
6. Donation to the rescue center to cover vet bills
It could not be simpler.
Fostering a dog is also an easy process and allows the rescue centers room to house new arrivals when looking for homes for the dogs.
The process is similar to adoption –
1. Contact the Rescue
2. Complete the Application Form
3. Interview to ensure the foster family is suitable
4. The fosterer will be provided with all relevant information it needs to look after the dog
5. The fosterer should be prepared to provide basic training and ensure the dog is not left alone for longer than3/4 hours
6. Provide photos and videos of the foster dog that can be used on social media to find a loving home for the dog